ஜூன் 29, 2015

குறளின் குரல் - 1167

117: (Weakening, sallowed and wailing - படர்மெலிந்திரங்கல்)

[This chapter is about the wailing of the lady in love who is pining due to her lovers going away. When her lover leaves her either on work or otherwise, the lady in love, not being able to endure the separation, her body is sallowed and she becomes thin; she complains of her state in self-pity in several ways, perhaps to her companion]

30th Jun, 2015

மறைப்பேன்மன் யானிஃதோ நோயை இறைப்பவர்க்கு
ஊற்றுநீர் போல மிகும்.
                    (குறள் 1161: படர்மெலிந்திரங்கல் அதிகாரம்)

மறைப்பேன் மன் யான் - நானென்னவோ மறைக்கத்தான் செய்கிறேன்
நோயை - என் காதல் நோயை
இஃதோ - இந்த நோயோ
இறைப்பவர்க்கு - நீரை இறைக்க இறைக்க, அவ்வாறு செய்பவர்க்கு
ஊற்றுநீர் போல - பெருகிவரும் ஊற்று நீர் போல
மிகும் - பெருகுகிறதே (மறைக்க மறைக்க)

காதலன் பிரிந்து சென்றதனால் வருந்துகிற காதலியைப் பார்த்து, உன்வருத்தத்தை ஊரார் அறியும் படிக் காட்டாதே என்னும் தோழிக்கு, அவள் கூறுகிறாளாம். நான் என்ன செய்வேன்? அவனைப் பிரிந்து வாடுகிற காதல் நோயை நான் மறைக்கத்தான் முயல்கிறேன். ஆனால் அதுவோ இறைக்க இறைக்க ஊறும் ஊற்று நீரைப் போல, மறைக்க மறைக்கப் பெருகுகிறதே தவிர அருகக் காணோமே என்று அலமந்து புலம்புகிறாளாம் காதல் தலைவி!

Transliteration:

maRaippEnman yAnihdO nOyai iRaippavarkku
URRunIr pOla migum

maRaippEn man yAn – I am hiding it (what)
nOyai – my love sickness (due to separation from my lover)
ihdO – but this sickness
iRaippavarkku – like how as more and more is drained
URRunIr pOla - the more water springs from the stream
migum – it only grows more.

In this verse, the maidens’ companion tells her not to show her pain and love sickness for the town to know. She replies, feeling more sorrowful, and says thus: “What can I do? I am trying to hide the pain of love sickness to the best of my ability; but like how water springs more from a stream, the more we drain it, my love sickness only grows more, the more I try to hide it!”

“What am I to do? The more I try and hide my love sickeness and its pain,
 more it grows like water springs more from a stream, the more we drain!


இன்றெனது  குறள்:

என்செய்ய யான்மறைத்து இந்நோயோ ஊற்றுநீராய்
துன்பம் பெருக்குதே மிக்கு

enseyya yAnmaRattu innOyO URRunIrAi
thunbam perukkudE mikku

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக

As much as I enjoy writing on various topics, you have right to comment, critique, vehemently disagree or share your happiness reading it. So, please let me know your thoughts

- Ashok Subramaniam

அமரேசன் திருப்பாதம் அகமேவ:

அமர்நாத் யாத்திரைக்குச் சென்றுவந்தபின் எழுதியது.. உடனே பெங்களூரு சென்றுவிட்டதால், உடனே பதிக்கமுடியவில்லை, பதிக்கவில்லை.. அதனாலென்ன? தாம...