ஏப்ரல் 05, 2012

குறளின் குரல் - 1

April 5th 2012,
Morgan Hill

As of the past Monday (2nd April), I wanted to do something useful in Facebook. So, a though crossed my mind to write my perspectives on ThirukkuraL. Though there are many commentaries on ThirukkuraL, I felt that there is a vacuum in giving interpretations based on experiences, observations and comparisons of similar sounding verses.  So, here I am trying to give my perspectives. The idea is to invite feedback on my attempt with the readers comments and compile them as the collective beauty in the eyes of beholders. Though, predominantly I will be writing in English for wider consumption, I will try and edit, this blog as I have time later to give Tamil word by word meaning. 

குறளைப் பற்றி எழுதுவதற்கு முன்பாக, ஒரு சிறப்புக் குறள், இதுவும் குறளின் சிறப்பினப் பற்றிதான்.

(பொதுக் குறள்)

மருளை அழித்து குணத்தை அளிக்கும்
குறளை தினமும்நீ 
ஓது


டிசம்பர் 15,2015-ல் மேற்கண்ட குறளை மாற்றி எழுதியது.


மருளை அழிக்கும் குறளின் அருமை
தெரிந்து தினமும்நீ ஓது

Written on 2nd April:
So, friends online, here is  the voice of Thirukkural that I am planning to share with you all,  one a day at least. Last night, suddenly I woke up around 2pm and pondering over my friends and friendships and realized, how influential they have been in shaping my persona. Many a moments of wonder, bonding, fun, joy, bliss, sharing, caring and some times disillusions, disappointments and even deception. Barter friendships have come my way and have found a way to be out too. 

Here is a dedication to friends allover. 

kuraLin kural: 
முகநக நட்பது நட்பன்று நெஞ்சத்து 
அகநக நட்பது நட்பு.
                         - kuraL 786 ( நட்பதிகாரம்)

muga naga - the smile in the face
natpadhu - friendship (that shows a smile in the face)
natpandru - is not always to be construed to be true friendship
nenjaththu - In the heart
aga naga - gladness felt (in the heart)
natpadhu - friendship (that feels glad even when you think of the friend)
natpu - Such friendship is the true and lasting friendship.

Not the sheer smile on the face makes a friend sincere
But, that which makes the heart smile and rejoice is truly dear

இன்றெனது குறள்


நினைதொறும் நெஞ்சினில் விஞ்சும் மகிழ்வின்
அனையது நேரிய நட்பு


1 கருத்து:

  1. எங்கும் தமிழ் எதிலும் தமிழ் , தங்களின் தமிழ் பற்றுக்கு வாழ்த்துக்கள்

    Joshva

    பதிலளிநீக்கு

As much as I enjoy writing on various topics, you have right to comment, critique, vehemently disagree or share your happiness reading it. So, please let me know your thoughts

- Ashok Subramaniam

அமரேசன் திருப்பாதம் அகமேவ:

அமர்நாத் யாத்திரைக்குச் சென்றுவந்தபின் எழுதியது.. உடனே பெங்களூரு சென்றுவிட்டதால், உடனே பதிக்கமுடியவில்லை, பதிக்கவில்லை.. அதனாலென்ன? தாம...